There’s a lot to be said for looking after teeth, but when all is said and done, there are methods to fixing teeth should things go wrong. Your teeth are the part of your face that is most seen by people while laughing or talking and if your teeth don’t make you happy then that is obvious in the fact smiles are smaller and laughter is covered with a hand. If you don’t want to do that, taking care of the teeth you have to avoid false ones is the best way to go. There are a lot of ways to pay for dental treatment and finance is an option provided by dental companies now as dental work can be very expensive.
As it stands, most dentists now offer more than the standard check-up and cleaning and offer treatments ranging from crowns and bridges to veneers and Invisalign braces. Generally your dentist can give you the best advice as to what treatment is best for your teeth. There are a lot of dental clinics that refer for certain treatments and the ones listed below are ones you can find listed on puredental.co.uk.
- Cosmetic Dentures: modern developments like Valplast have created far more comfortable more flexible dentures. This aren’t made of acrylics which are great for patients with acrylic allergies.
- Veneers: thin layers of porcelain that cover the tooth in the same way a false nail fits over a fingernail. In some cases, porcelain is traded out for a natural composite these have a very strong bond to the tooth. Veneers improve the shape and colour of the teeth making that ‘Hollywood smile’ more prominent.
- Implants: a titanium rod drilled into the jawbone and with a false tooth screwed on to the implant. You can actually have your whole set of teeth replaced by implants if necessary but ideally taking good care of your teeth can avoid it!
- Bridges: a permanent solution to closing a gap in the teeth. Appearance is one reason to have a bridge placed but actually not closing a gap caused by missing teeth can put extra strain on the teeth either side of the gap. Food being packed into the gap can actually also cause decay and a build-up of bacteria.
- Bonding: a procedure in which a resin is applied to the tooth to fix a chip or breakage. Teeth have a big impact on our smile, which in turn actually has an impact on emotional well-being and self-confidence.
Puredental.co.uk are the type of dental practice to offer all of the above. They even offer an intravenous method of sedation so that nervous patients can be cared for and have their procedures done without harm or worry. There are many types of braces they offer including the clear Invisalign teeth straightening treatment that work like braces but without the metal and wires. This then lessens the need to keep attending appointments with the dentist.